Thursday, January 8, 2009


My son has got to be one of the biggest UGA fans ever. One look at his room, and you would think a bulldog literally vomited in there. He doesn't just dream of playing baseball at UGA, he believes he is GOING TO PLAY for UGA. In his mind he already has the commitment letter and just has to stick it out for the next 6 years until he can go.


Ross is not a bad student, but he has started to excel in the areas he has interest, and literally not care about the others. It's difficult as a mom to watch him give a half hearted attempt at schoolwork when I know he can do better. My husband says I'm too hard on him; my son thinks I don't know what I'm talking about.


In walks Jon Holsenback. A senior in our youth group, the son to Sandra, a dear friend. He sat with us one Sunday night at church. As we were talking about his college prospects, little Ross begins to ask him questions. Jon was stressing to Ross the need to work hard in school, because doing well in a sport will not get him into the college of his dreams. As I sat there and listened to Jon and Ross talk, I was overwhelmed with joy by the way God works. God put Jon with us that night for a reason! Jon was there to minister to little Ross. How awesome God is! He knows our needs, and he uses everyday people, even youth to fulfill those needs.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

ssummer said...

Now I am gonna cry...God has blessed me with him, too!