Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year!


Every year I come up with some "things" I want to achieve or complete such as lose weight, spend more time with the kids, get things done around the house, study more of God's word. At the time they seem like legit goals, but along the way they seem to lose their meaning. And it finally dawned on me that there was no way I could have completed them. They were too vague and I didn't have a plan. There are so many things I want to do or become that it becomes overwhelming. My husband and I recently watched "The Bucket List" and it inspired me. Not so much to do wonderful grand things, but to have something at the end of the year that I can look back and reflect upon. Some items will be personal, some will involve family, friends, and friends I haven't met yet. This Blog is item #1. I have been reading my dear friend Val's blog for almost a year and have laughed, cried, and simply smiled at her many posts. Although I will never be able to write as eloquently as she does, I want to make someone else laugh, cry and simply smile, and I hope that I can. So for now goodbye and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Tom S said...

You already made me smile. You're off to a great start!